West Chehalem Friends Church
16700 NE North Valley Road
Newberg, Oregon 97132
Phone: (503) 538-5903
Office hours: Wednesday-Friday from 9:00am – 1:00pm
11:00 AM – Worship Gathering
We gather weekly on Sundays to celebrate our life in Christ and worship together as a community of faith. Services include worship in song, giving, prayer, sharing, reflection, learning, inspiration and fellowship. We believe that the Spirit of Christ is present with us to lead us in worship. We believe that the teaching of God’s Word is an essential element of our services. We also regularly allow time for open worship to listen quietly to the Lord and share as we are led. Please email us to receive an invitation to attend online services.
Salt and Light Club
Making worship a positive experience for children is a priority at West Chehalem Friends. We have the children join in the Sunday service at the beginning and they are dismissed part way through the service for Salt and Light Club. This program is for preschool and elementary students through third grade. The group is divided and the older children practice Bible quizzing. On the second Sunday of each month the children stay in for the full service. This is done so that they can learn to be in worship with their families. Children’s bulletins are supplied each week with games, word puzzles and pictures to color.
During our Sunday worship service we offer nursery care for babies and toddlers. Our nursery is located near the sanctuary and is staffed by volunteers from the church. All of our child-care workers have gone through a background check. They provide a loving and safe environment for the little ones while parents attend the service.
Our church is a partner with Love, INC and also donate food to FISH as well as clothes and food to the Community Drop-In Center at 2nd Street Community Church. We also serve students in cooperation with Ewing Young Elementary School.
- Stand For Children Home Learning Resources
- YCAP Youth office in Newberg that offers support and training to kids
- Chehalem Online Academy (COLA) online school
- SAGE: A community of advocates who believe that each generation should improve the quality of life for the next
- Oregon Parenting Education Collaborative Parenting resources.
- Axis.org Focus on teenagers and young adults.
- Chehalem Youth & Family Services Services include YOOP program serving youth ages 16-24 in Yamhill County.